Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Latest

Well today we have officially opened our doors for business; Abundant Living for Seniors is on the move!  We have our first resident and are excited to watch God provide the next five.  Our new resident, while he will be a lot of work, seems to be a good fit for our family.  Namely, he loves our children.  He walked in the door and almost immediately picked up a very willing Caleb.  I was a bit nervous to watch a frail 75 year old man carry my son around, but the joint attention seemed to do them both good.  We had dinner tonight with our new resident and his family - - spaghetti and meatballs!  After a long, long couple of weeks of planning and preparing, I am relieved to have our newest addition finally settled in his own comfy room.

Speaking of new additions, we are pregnant and expecting our third baby in July!  There are so many changes that require so much stretching and sacrificing, it seems appropriate that God has blessed us with a new baby right now.  We are all very excited.  We have decided not to find out the gender.  The first trimester has flown by, and I am now feeling pretty good.  Caleb has had a peculiar reaction to the news of a new baby...he walks around telling everyone that he has a baby in his tummy!  He tells us all that he will feed his baby and take care of it.  That little boy blesses my socks off daily!  He's very intuitive.  This evening in the midst of trying to get dinner together, babies changed, house cleaned, baby bear found, etc, I was very frustrated.  I didn't say anything out loud, but Caleb must have sensed something.  He walked up to where I was sitting on the floor and took my face in both of his hands.  He looked into my eyes for a second and then abruptly hugged my neck.  Then he reassured me by saying, "I'm just lovin' on you mommy."  Melt my heart and frustration!  So I am certainly the blessed mommy of two, and a resident, and a baby on the way. 

Right now all my "babies" are sleeping (including my husband passed out, tired on top of the comforter).  I suppose we'll just continue to take it one day at a time, looking to the Father for guidance.  God's such a faithful Father.  Oh! One more story, then I'll go to bed:  our washer has been flooding our laundry room with water for nearly two weeks.  Last week Larry finally said to stop washing clothes while he figured out the problem and got it fixed.  Two days go by.  Three days go by (you moms of kids know that three days of laundry stacks up pretty high!).  Finally, on the fourth day, I asked what I should do about the dirty clothes.  Larry said to go ahead and wash like normal.  The washer worked perfectly!  God knew we didn't have the resources (time, money, energy, etc.) to deal with a faulty washer, so he took care of the problem for us.  Our God truly does see and provide!  The small things add up to a "great, big wonderful God" (a quote from the kids' favorite gospel song).  Anyway, I'm off to bed.  Love from the Newmans!

No comments:

Post a Comment