Saturday, November 19, 2011

Everyday


Everyday something happens that makes me think, "Man, I really should blog about this!"  But life has been so busy lately, that I haven't had the gumption to do blog once the dust settles for the evening (i.e. the kids are asleep).  The kiddos are doing wonderfully.  We just had Caleb's third birthday party! We had another potbless-style birthday bash.  While Caleb was the only child his age present, he had a ton of fun with Uncle Jonathan and Wesley (ages 27 and 11 respectively).  Larry and I planned all these games, and I stressed about whether or not Caleb was going to have fun at his non-traditional party...you know what those three boys did for over an hour??  They spun around in circles.  They spun until they fell down, laughing so hard they cried.  That's it, and they had a blast doing it.  Go figure.  The Father really just took care of Caleb, largely without my help.  Our little boy was thrilled with his birthday gifts and the chocolate cake.  It was a really fun evening.

So now,  all this year's birthday parties are over, we have moved on to holiday season which means Christmas light installation for Larry and Mike.  For two weeks or so, the guys work really hard and put in long hours.  They have been leaving before 7 am and aren't back until after dark.  Caleb asks to "go to work with Daddy" every morning before they leave.  He's so cute.  He tells me often that he is wearing his "work pants, like Daddy."  The kids already love the Christmas display at Costco, and I cannot wait to show off some of Daddy's work when we go looking at Christmas lights this year. 
Meanwhile, we are still pursuing our business, Abundant Living for Seniors (ALS), and frequently have folks over to look at our home.  It's really a trust issue for me right now.  It's difficult to have people in and out of my home (especially with the kids underfoot) with little notice, but I know God is at work in the situation.  I am also learning to trust my husband through his process.  As per God's word, I am committed to following Larry even when I do not completely understand or agree with his decisions.  We are waiting on God to either provide the right residents for our home or give us clear directions about our next step.  Know any seniors needing an assisted living arrangement??  Please keep us in your prayers regarding ALS.


Oh!  A quick word about Halloween!  It was a blast.  Nana, Papa and Uncle Jonathan came over and we all took the kids trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.  Evie dressed as a dino and Caleb was a frog!  The kids had a blast being the center of attention.  The costumes were fun and warm (which mom liked).  Everyone was tired by the time we had made it around to three blocks.  A good time was had by all. 


So for now, the kids and I have fallen into a beautifully predictable routine.  We play outside, eat - a lot, bake yummy things, go to the library or museum, have tea parties, read, generally have a great time.  God has so blessed our family!  Right now I am learning and teaching Caleb that God doesn't give us everything we want, but He will always provide everything we need.  He gave us new life in Christ, all spiritual blessings, authority over all things in heaven and on earth, provision, wholeness, and the list goes on.  Daily life with the kids provides such unique opportunities to explain spiritual principals.  I suppose that's how God set it up.  I am excited that Caleb and Evelynn will grow up knowing that the spiritual, invisible realm is more real for them that this physical world.  I cannot help but wonder what they will be like as a result.  I'm humbled to be a part of their everyday lives.


3 comments:

  1. Loved it! Thank you :) Kids adorable as always, and also as always, I immensely enjoy you as a writer (if I were a magazine editor I’d snatch you up in a heartbeat). But most of all, should the Lord Tarry, I too look forward to seeing the gospel effect on your little chittles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Scott. I warms my heart to know that you love us enough to keep up with our blog. You remind me that we really are all part of the same body. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then I wondered if you (Scott) would still read our blog if I put obnoxious Christ-mas trees as the background...

    ReplyDelete