Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The simple life

She's wearing a pale purple and gray flannel shirt, blue socks, and a damp diaper.  Evelynn is tottering towards me.  She's lovely and, for the most part, entertaining herself right now.  This girl of mine is just a doll, and I am so enjoying being a mommy.  She mimics facial expressions and sounds (blowing kisses, snorting, rolling her tongue).  She wants my laptop so badly, she cannot take her eyes (or her hands) off of it.  I just dug out Caleb's play laptop for her, but she seems to know the difference!

I continue to be amazed at how quickly my children change.  My Evie Hope has nearly weaned herself; she is also walking, talking and eating independently.  She now sleeps 10 hours a night and naps at 10 and 2 during the day!  I thought that would never happen!  I am also amazed by how different my children are from one another.

Caleb will be three in November (please check out the invitation on my FB wall).  He's really thriving.  He has become more outgoing and talks to everyone, about everything!  He remembers everything we say or do, and he eats constantly.    This is a kid who knows what he is about. :) He will tell you his name means "strong man who holds onto a good report."   He knows his is not to cause his sister "distress," but takes care of her and his baby bear.  He says some of the most insightful things at times. 

For the most part, I am having a great time staying at home with these kiddos.  Our days are all very much the same, but we sure do have fun!  I am blessed with a little girl who is up early, so every morning she and I take a walk (to keep her from waking the rest of the household). After breakfast, the kids and I go to the park  (there are 36 parks in Visalia!).  Because Larry works from home a lot, I am able to spend time with him during the day as well.  We eat meals as a family, and he and I take coffee breaks together while watching the kids play. We have really simple daily routines, but it keeps everything moving along smoothly. 

Life in Christ is good, and we are very blessed with a simple, happy life. Caleb just woke up from his nap, so now I have two kiddos trying to get to my keyboard!  Finding Caleb's apple juice just passed up blogging on my priority list...I'd better go.  Enjoy your blessed day (we sure are!).  :P

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jacquelynn, Your blogs always put big smiles on my face :) Your writing style is so delightful. Thank you for sharing so many of your blessings with us!

    ReplyDelete