Monday, October 3, 2011

Secrets and homemade chicken pot pie!

Hello again!  It has been a very long time since my last post.  Life just keeps moving along swimmingly.  The kids are keeping me very busy and are getting cuter by the moment.  This morning Evelynn was crying while I was elbow deep in pie crust dough, and Caleb came to the rescue!  He crawled up to her, laid down on his belly directly in front of her little face and asked, "Is you okay, Sissy?" (I love 2 year old grammar!) She lowered her volume and he tried again..."Can I tell you a secret, Sissy?"  She paused, as if to answer affirmatively.  He put his lips to her ear and whispered,  "I love you!"  She giggled, and my world was made right again!  Every day these beautiful babies are such a challenge and a joy!

Right now (among other things) we are gearing up for the Senior Living Tour this Saturday, 10-2 p.m.  Our assisted living facility, Abundant Living for Seniors will be showcased on the city wide tour of elderly homes.  Which means mama is a very busy lady right now!  Evie's 1st birthday party is also this weekend on Sunday, 4-6 p.m.  Join us to celebrate with an Italian themed pot-bless and homemade chocolate cake (thank you Pioneer Woman for the great recipe!). 

I want to get back to blogging more regularly because the kids are always doing something so amazing that I am daily convinced they are both baby geniuses!  I want to share and remember these precious moments.  But for now, off to lunch with my blessed family.  Another recipe from thepioneerwoman.com:  homemade chicken pot pie.  I'll let you know how it turns out, or better yet, head over to our place for some lunch with the Newmans!  :)

1 comment:

  1. To everyone that reads this...I concur, the kids are cuter than cute. The chicken pot pie was great! And the family is blessed.
    Why is my family so blessed. The obvious answer is because we have a great big wonderful God and Father who loves us beyond imagination. Daily (it seems) he reminds Jacquelynn and I of this.
    Then, personally, I would say we are blessed because my wife, the mother of our children, is perfect! She's the perfect wife. The perfect mother. The perfect saint. God is great for blessing me, Caleb and Evelynn (anyone else I'm forgetting!).

    ReplyDelete