Wednesday, August 31, 2011

God's perspective (What is it?)

This is Larry here...

I was reproved, corrected and enlightened this morning. The word of God, the truth, the gospel is an awesome thing and God surely has enlightened me to things in his word, regarding his truth, about the gospel. There are some things that God has shown me that have revolutionized my life such as...
The way to know our Jehovah God is by understanding his mercifulness to our iniquities and that he never brings to his remembrance our sin. (Hebrews 8:11-12) This reality is the basis, the foundation to our NEW covenant with God. For me this was such a cool connection. It showed me the nature of our Father, as forgiving (and faithful to what he says).
Another truth that God has shown me that once again has recoursed my life in so many ways is the reality that we are justified as a GIFT by his GRACE. It is nothing of ourselves, nothing we did. Our justification (being right in God's sight) is purely and wholly in the reality that Christ’s redemptive payment of shed blood was enough for God to never ever ever hold anything against us. (Romans 3:24-25)

Now, I can speak of these things all day long because they are eye openers, things that have such significance in my life that they are not easily forgotten. But here's where things changed drastically this morning and where I have new insight from the Father. Essentially it was a word from the Father to help...
"Every time you go to the bible, the word of God--go fresh. Don’t go thinking you ‘know’. Go expecting to get God's knowledge. God wants you to see His perspective, His thoughts, His ways."
So now, when I go read my bible or consider the word of God I want to apply this. This even applies for things God has already enlightened me to like the above two sections. Some questions come to mind like…
  • "Is there any more insight or understanding that can be gathered from you, God, regarding your being merciful to our iniquities and not remembering our sins?”
  • “Is there any more enlightenment to the reality that we are justified through Christ’s ransomed payment of shed blood?”
  • “God, these are your truths and although I am confident YOU enlightened me to the truth what more do you have for me?”
The word of God is a living, active thing. Furthermore, God’s thoughts and ways will govern for all eternity in the new heaven and earth. The far-reaching effects of the word of God is greater than our minds can fathom. This is why it is called the “unfathomable riches of Christ” and the “manifold wisdom of God”. God will need to continue to expand our minds so that we can grow in to the fullness of the knowledge of his will.

Thank you Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment