Friday, February 25, 2011

Pine cones

Today, I cannot help thinking that much of life and most of motherhood is repetitive.  For example, every morning around 4:30am my little Evie Hope wakes up hungry.  She goes back down at 5:00ish, and Caleb is up at 6:00ish.  Caleb and I complete our morning oatmeal-breakfast routine and move on to changing him into his "big boy clothes."  Then we are off to change Evelynn... 

The repetitive nature of parenting reminds me of a teaching of Kathy Brophy's.   She reminded us at women's fellowship that God is faithful and unchanging (Deut. 32:4).  Faithfulness means steady, true, or having a sense that something is staying the same. Sounds good to me.  Follow my logic here...If God is steady and unchanging in His nature and I am focused on living my life in service to Him, wouldn't my steady, repetitive, little life be a blessing?  Yep.  I think so.

Not that my life is uninteresting at all.  Today all four of us went to the Imagine U Kids Museum.  Caleb played with trains, musical instruments, and several science experiements.  He was given pop corn which he continually referred to as "pine cones."  Then during prayers, before bed, Caleb reminded me that "Christ died up there, cross" to make him "holy and righteous."  No joke.  The kid is like a gospel sponge.  What a fantastic reminder of our God who is faithful, steady and unchanging.

1 comment:

  1. Just re-thinking...

    I originally wrote that "I am focused on living my life in service to Him."

    But I don't really live in service (that would imply that I have to DO something for God). I think it needs to be changed a bit. The sentence should read:

    If God is steady and unchanging in His nature and I am focused on His gospel, wouldn't my steady, repetitive, little life be a blessing?"

    ReplyDelete